WHAT IS WIG2?
The WIG2 Institute is an independent and neutral research service provider with key competencies in health system research, health economic evaluation as well as Real-World-Evidence (RWE). Our research and project work is supported by a network of external advisors from science, medical practice and industry. Therefore, WIG2 closely cooperates with universities and medical professionals. The institute‘s main clients are ministries, health insurance funds and their associations as well as companies in the pharmaceutical and medical technology sectors.
Our interdisciplinary teams combine profound knowledge of the German health care system and its regulatory and financing systems. Industry experience and a comprehensive understanding of current mathematical and health- economic methods as well as evidence-based medicine ensure the high quality of our work.
WHICH SERVICES AND PRODUCTS DOES WIG2 PROVIDE?
Health System Research
- Expenditures in Health Insurance Funds
- Prevention in the Morbidity-based Risk Structure Compensation Scheme (Morbi-RSA)
- Regional Differences in Healthcare Effects
- Indicator-based Quality Measurement for Hospitals
- "Full Model" - Completion of the Disease Delection in the Morbi-RSA
Projects, Services and Products e.g.:
- Innovation Funds
- GKV-Benchmark (Tool for analysing and comparing key finance indicators of all german Health Insurance Funds)
- Qlinik (Tool for analysing hospital quality reports)
- Technology Transfer
Evaluation and Health Services Research
Projects, Services e.g.:
- Evaluation Concepts
- Tariff Calculations
- Evaluation of Healthcare Programs, Contracts and Model Projects
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research / Real World Evidence (visit our english HE&OR-Site for further Information)
Annual Experts' Circle e.g. to:
- Financing in the German Healthcare System
- Scientific Approach and Interdisciplinarity
- Prompt and practical Solutions
- Continuous Development
- Health Insurances
- Medical Providers
- Healthcare Industry
For any questions about our projects, services and products you are welcome to contact us.
Dr. Dennis Häckl – Institute Director and CEO
Phone: + 49 341 3929 40-0
Address: Markt 8, 04109 Leipzig, Germany